Sunday, August 23, 2009

Computer unexpectdly restarting...?

Read: From gaming, to web browsing, my computer unexpededly restarts at least once per day, sometimes 2 or 3 times...



It has been happening for about a month or 2.



At first I thought it was;



Graphics Card - I tried a different AGP card and it still happened. I bought a brand new top end PCI-E card and it still happens. It isn't the graphics card.



Power Supply - I bought a brand new power supply, which has mroe than enough power for my computer. It still happens. It is not the PSU.



Virus/Spyware - My computer is clean as a whistle, I'm no noob with security. I have no virus or spyware.



I also reformatted my computer today, and have hardly been on the internet. Just now the god damn computer unexpectedly restarted!?



Other hardware I use: Wireless network adapter, DVD Drive, CD Drive, SATA Harddrive, CPU.



I now have NO idea what could be causing it... it definatly isn't a software problem, or gfx, psu problem or wireless network card problem...



I need this sorted.



Computer unexpectdly restarting...?firewall



It could be a SATA problem. I know this sounds weird but I have seen it before. Restart your computer and go into the BIOS. Look for a setting that says something like SATA module or something with SATA and change the setting to disabled.



If that still doesn't solve the problem try running the check disk from the command prompt. This works best from the Windows recovey console which can be reached by inserting the OS disk and booting from the disk. Once the choices come up like Install Windows, Run Recovery Console, Exit Setup, chode Run Recovery Console by pressing "R". Once it brings up the console, wait until the "C:%26gt;" shows up. Then type "chkdsk C: /R" and press enter. This will check the disk for bad sectors and also recover bad areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment