Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I wrote a word (in an answer) that I know I never used , now my computer is bombarding me ?

I wrote the word Zodiac as part of an answer in this forum, I know for a fact that I never used it before now Zodiac adds are all over my computer, why? Does this involve yahoo or my pc security?



I wrote a word (in an answer) that I know I never used , now my computer is bombarding me ?vincent



ok, that's just freaky



ZODIAC ATTACK!!!!!



I wrote a word (in an answer) that I know I never used , now my computer is bombarding me ?adware remover



Its a combination of things...



Someone did a search on this site for Zodiac. They found that you are emailable... and began spamming you.



If the adds are ON your computer, the real issue is that your PC security is probably not up to date.



Update your anti spyware and antivirus - then run the puppies.



Also - disable pop ups in your browser.



Doing all three should get you back to normal.



-dh
Neither. A crawler got to you. It saw your email and your posting and ta da...you get spam. If you don't want spam, don't post your email.
The answer, my dear, can be found in the stars.
Try another word you never use in an answer and don't use it anywhere else--I will do the same with zodiac since I never use it or visit sites that do.
probably your pc security. Did you know I was looking for a cell phone to buy. I googled some sites. Then I started getting bombarded with offers from everyone. Apparently the two sites, I visited, one of them sold my address. Maybe you looked at a zodiac site and that is how you are getting the ads. Also, run a virus sweep
Sounds like spyware but I can't be sure. Have you tried a spy-ware remover?
It's not so much the word Zodiac, but most websites have a way of tracking your usage to display ads that are relevant to what you've searched for, looked at, etc. I just had an ad for a photo printer on the page before this. Guess what? I just answered a question about photo printers.



When my brother logs into myspace, he's bombarded with gay ads because, well he's gay and when I log in right after him, I'm hit with dating and sports ads and such. It's not a problem with security and there is no trackable info on your PC, but companies can focus ads toward your login.



If you clear your history, cookies, and temp files and then browse around answers without logging back in, you won't be hit with the zodiac stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment