Sunday, August 23, 2009

Window XP goes haywire after live updates fixes security holes???

Can anyone tell me why this happens? My Dell laptop computer caught some viruses I couldn't kill then I decided to re-install the whole OS with the recovery disc. Because it replaces the computer into Windows XP (SP1) and when I started using the online live update lots of security fixes, up untill it askes to download SP2, the computer won't work properly anymore! I can't shut down properly (resort to force shut down), the first 2-3 minutes when I turn on the computer everything looks normal but then it freezes, I can move the mouse curser, and turn on %26 off caplocks lights, but can't get XP to shut down or open any other programs. I want to know if I can still upate the security fixes this way (I have re-install Windows three times already to find out why), hope someone is knowledgeable to help me, please!!!



Window XP goes haywire after live updates fixes security holes???computer



Well if you had viruses and generally if they have infected pretty badly, re-installing windows won't help unless you format your disk and do a clean install.



If you have lot of data, take a bakup of the data (on another disk or CD) and they format.



You could try and fix the problem without formatting... maybe, give a try is:



First boot the system in "safe mode" and then run your antivirus program and also if you have a ad and pop-up cleaning software like Ad-aware, run that also!

No comments:

Post a Comment