Friday, August 21, 2009

Good internet security suite or antivirus?

I'm not going to ask for the "best" because I'm sure everyone has their own opinions on what they use or what not. I bought Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 7.x a while ago, and then it told me my key was on the blacklisted (I didn't even know what it meant for a while and it kept coming up). I asked for my money back and never got a response. I wasn't surprised.



However I was unhappy since it was a very good suite to use. And now since I don't have it, I'm not sure what to get. What I wanted to know is what people recommend. But here's the thing.. my computer only has 512MB ram as of now and Zonealarm's Internet Security Suite tends to be very bloated and slow on my computer.



I prefer a good antivirus/firewall/spyware/adware removal program that uses very low RAM like Kaspersky does and works well. Does anyone have any recommendations? :)



Good internet security suite or antivirus?live update



Aside from Kaspersky, the commercial security suite I've tested that approaches my goals is F-Secure. I've been testing several internet security suites over the last month, and most of them provide comparable levels of antivirus protection (good) and antispyware protection (fair), but with firewalls that are comparable in performance to the Windows XP SP2 Firewall (needing improvement.) The only exceptions in firewall performance were Kaspersky and F-Secure. Everyone else so far - BitDefender, McAfee, Norton (360 and ISS), Panda and Trend Micro - didn't pass the outbound firewall testing I conducted.

No comments:

Post a Comment