Friday, August 21, 2009

I just received a threat from a yahoo e-mail account user. He threatened to send my computer "a

I'm sure he means a virus or other security threat. I'm not afraid for my computer - I just want to report him. How do I do that?



I just received a threat from a yahoo e-mail account user. He threatened to send my computer "a special gift"nortan



Try Yahoo's Abuse address: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/or...



Hope that helps.



I just received a threat from a yahoo e-mail account user. He threatened to send my computer "a special gift"noton



Here's one option. Go to this page



http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/ya...



and select the most applicable option for your situation.



Another is to blind-copy "abuse@yahoo.com", "root@yahoo.com", "administrator@yahoo.com", "security@yahoo.com" ...



good luck. Sounds like something that should definitely be reported to Yahoo security folks. Wish I knew their address. :-)
Look at the header information. You will want to look below the x-originating-ip for the " received... " IP address. You will want to WHOIS this IP address and then forward the email WITH the header information to the abuse department of that ISP as well as to the federal trade commission spam@uce.gov and perhaps to your own ISP and other authorities.



I would also suggest you print out a copy of the email with the full header information so that you will have a record of the threat.



If you know who the user is you can file a TRO (temporary restraining order) with your local court and take that to your local police department for them to keep on file should the abuse continue.



Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment