Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Will I get my social security number stolen?

I have to enter my social security number online for a registration for a college and I have spyware in my computer.. can and will the spyware or virus steal the social security number when I type it? This is really important I have to type it and register today. Thanks :-)



Will I get my social security number stolen?viruses



It depends on the virus. Like someone said, if it was made to capture all information, then it will. Why don't you just get your computer cleaned first, or register on a different computer?



Will I get my social security number stolen?antispam



Just to be safe. jam the numberpad and get all the numbers like this 461987894561321687987 then copypaste your SS# number by number, don't type it. If the spyware takes screenshots you'll still be introuble. but this is a good way to get around keyloggers and waht not.
Read this article first.



http://www.kaspersky.com/virusscanner



Then you can install Kapersky Internet Security Suite. It is rated one of the Best out there. Here is a download of a FREE 30day full version trial. Trust me it works. I have run many others to test them. I run this for my gear.



http://usa.kaspersky.com/trials/home-use...
Spyware and viruses can copy anything that they have been programmed to capture. But ...



There are quite a number of anti-spyware and antivirus programs available for free on the internet. Download one of each type.



Run both the antivirus and anti-spyware programs immediately before you fill out the online form requesting your SSN.



If the spyware/virus are no longer on your computer, they can't intercept ANYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment