Sunday, August 23, 2009

How can i add secuity to my NETGEAR router? without moving my computer near by the router itself?

How can i add security to my NETGEAR router? without moving my computer near by the router itself



How can i add secuity to my NETGEAR router? without moving my computer near by the router itself?free antivirus



Log into your router and add WPA. WPA and WPA2 is stronger security than WEP. You don't need to physically move your computer by the router.



Most home routers have an IP address near the beginning of your particular subnet such as 192.168.1.1 or something very similiar (look at your router's instruction manual or locate the IP address by searching the router model on the manufacturer's website). Different routers have different default username/password combinations, which you will definitely need to look up documentation for. Some do accept blank usernames and/or passwords, depending on the model.



How can i add secuity to my NETGEAR router? without moving my computer near by the router itself?internet



Log into your router first turn your SSID broadcast off then



switch On the MAC Filter and enter the MACs of your system (laptops, desktops). 鈥?This will only allow your hardware to connect to the system.

No comments:

Post a Comment