Sunday, August 23, 2009

How do i modify my zone alarm security settings to allow me to view a vwebcam transmission in yahoo

this is really bugging me and i really need help. it allowed me to view a friend's webcam before i updated my zone alarm software.



the only thing that comes to mind as to why this has happened is maybe because when i updated zone alarm it ask which setting i would like to have for my security. i went for the maximum high level security as i have had some viruses in my computer in the past.



im not too sure but i think i went for the mid level security when i first installed zone alarm which is why i think that it allowed me to view my friend's webcam before



any expert out there on zone alarm, please share your knowledge?? i would really appreciate it



thank you very much



How do i modify my zone alarm security settings to allow me to view a vwebcam transmission in yahoo messenger?anti virus software



To change security settings in ZoneAlarm, right click on the taskbar icon and choose "Restore Zone Alarm Control Center".



Next click on the Firewall tab, and adjust the security to the desired level. If you are still unable to view the web cam after changing the internet settings to medium, try disabling the firewall completely for test purposes.



If you are able to connect with the firewall off, but not with security settings set to medium, I would recommend you uninstall the newer version, ZoneAlarm Free 7.0.302.0.



I had to remove this version from a couple of different XP computers I administrate so far, due to a sizable memory leak in the program.



In my opinion, the newest version was not quite ready for release, and is buggy,



You can reinstall the older more stable version here;



http://www.filehippo.com/download_zoneal...



Remember to disable automatic updates, or tell the program to remind you again in 60 days. I am sure Zone Labs will have worked out the kinks by then.



Hope that Helps : )

No comments:

Post a Comment