Friday, August 21, 2009

Why wont my laptop do windows update, its says updates are ready for my computer...then?

when I instal the update it says it is done then like 2 minutes later it says updates are ready for my computer again....with same update, this is the one Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181).



Why wont my laptop do windows update, its says updates are ready for my computer...then?product key



This particular update will only work on a Vista-based computer running genuine Microsoft software (specifically, MS Office System 2007.) For installation help MS prepared this Knowledge Base article:



http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936181



If you still can't get the update to install it's possible your Microsoft Office doesn't need it. You could try running an Office Update directly from the Office Online site. In the left "downloads" column select your system.



http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downlo...



If it still won't install I wouldn't worry about it. Microsoft is pretty good about installing needed updates. And it won't install something that isn't needed.



wwbgd

No comments:

Post a Comment