Wednesday, August 19, 2009

How can I get into the I.T. security field? What certifications should I get?

I have been in the I.T. field for 10 yrs in the areas of network support and computer repair. I want to now get into I.T. security with the Federal Government. Can someone give me some advice?



How can I get into the I.T. security field? What certifications should I get?virus protection



Are you looking for a specific area? There's a difference between network security, forensics and other security related fields.



You might start with the CompTIA Security+ certification. Microsoft also has an MCSE with security certs. Ditto for Cisco. It really depends upon which appeals to you more. The CISSP is the best certification to get, but you have to be in the field to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment